If my product is not covered or no longer covered under warranty, can I purchase a refurbished part?
Does my warranty cover damage caused by lightning strikes, power surges, power outages, flooding, or similar events?
Is my warranty coverage void if I modify the product?
What is the warranty of the replacement part that I receive?
Will the replacement part I receive under warranty be identical to that in my original product?
- new product
- equivalent product to the product being repaired or replaced but which have been subject to prior use or repair, or containing remanufactured parts equivalent to new in performance, or an equivalent to an original product that has been discontinued.
What happens when I call for a warranty claim?
In order to help minimize the impact of the possible failure, it is important that you assist the CSR with the troubleshooting. For example, if a symptom is actually due to a configuration issue and not a hardware failure, sending you a replacement part will not resolve the issue and could result in additional network downtime for you. Once the CSR has confirmed that your product is having a failure covered under warranty and knows what replaceable part you need, Amer Networks will send you the part.
What should I do before I start a warranty claim?
- Look on www.Amer Networks at the frequently asked questions to see if any FAQs apply to the symptoms you are seeing.
- Look on www.Amer Networks at the latest Firmware release notes for your product to see if the symptoms you are seeing might be due to a known issue that has been resolved in a more recent version of the software.
- Look at your product documentation for trouble-shooting procedures, and perform appropriate steps. You can also find the latest documentation for your product at www.Amer Networks.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please have the following information ready before you call:
- product name
- product number
- serial number
- software version currently on the product
- date of purchase and any enhanced warranty coverage
- detailed description of the trouble and symptoms
- when the symptoms first occurred and how frequently they are occurring
- detailed description of any changes made to your product’s configuration or network environment prior to the start of the trouble
- detailed description of the troubleshooting steps you have performed and the results of those steps
How do I pre-register products or request warranty services?
What happens if a product is discontinued?
Are fans and power supplies covered?
What products are not included?
Amer Networks products that are not AmerPro will continue with their existing warranties. Additionally, AMERPRO accessories (modules, antennas, cables, software, external power supplies) will continue with their existing warranties.